The Anchor™ Core Advantage
Anchor™ Core, made by Boise Cascade™, is specifically engineered for retail display panels. Made from 100% recycled wood fibers, Anchor™ Core delivers impressive holding strengths and is available at the same price as MDF core. (Download PDF)
- Testing results produced across 35 data points using a load cell system on ¾" panels–MDF 130 grade and Boise Cascade™ Anchor™ Core. Data reflects break-out points for each combination of cores and inserts.
- This chart is designed to illustrate the relative strength comparison between substrates and various decorative slatwall groove insert options. This is provided to aid our customers and help them choose which core or insert will be the best for their particular application.
- Results are based on using 3" on-center (o.c.) slatwall grooves and a load cell system 12" out from the center of the panel. Panels were not adhered with fasteners. Failure was measured in pounds of force needed to break out the testing device from the test piece.This chart illustrates break out points and does not reflect recommended load capacities of any substrates or insert options.
- Actual load capacity may be less, may vary, and will depend on:
- Type of slatwall accessory used and the weight of the accessories for the application
- Distance the accessory extends from the face of the panel
- Number of accessories used to support the merchandise or application
- Distribution of weight on the accessory or system used
- Distance the accessory is from the edge/end of a panel
- Proper installation
- Length of groove or insert
- Other environmental factors
- Due to various influential factors, Wind Mill does not guarantee any load capacities for MDF or Anchor™ Core.
The above chart represents testing 3" on-center Anchor™ Core and MDF with various insert options. The chart illustrates the relative strength comparison between substrates and various insert options. The chart, illustrating breakout points, should be used only as a guide to help select which core and insert will be the best option for specific applications. The chart should be used as a reference guide only. It is not recommended to be used as a load capacity of substrates or insert option solution. The test was performed using 3” on-center slatwall grooves and a load cell system 12" out from the center of the panel. Panels were adhered without fasteners. Failure was measured in pounds of force necessary to breakout the testing device from the panel. Test results were produced across 35 data points using a load cell system on ¾" MDF 130 grade and Boise Cascade™ Anchor™ Core panels. Data reflects breakout points for each combination of cores and inserts.